Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment
BEE Verification is an essential in the South African marketplace, and an important competitive advantage. The Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Act 53 of 2003 contains the Codes of Good Practice that when followed will result in Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE).
SMS group Technical Services South Africa (Pty) Ltd has evaluated its BEE status as defined by the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment act of 2003.
SMS group Technical Services South Africa (Pty) Ltd has been awarded a Level 3 BEE accreditation through Empoweryst.
You will find copy of our BEE Certificate for online viewing or download on our certifications page.
Quality and Health & Safety Policies
SMS group Technical Services South Africa (Pty) Ltd. provides sales and contract management for the design, manufacture and installation of Metallurgical Plant, Equipment and Services.
The Management of SMS group Technical Services South Africa (Pty) Ltd is committed to ensuring only Quality products and services are provided to our clients through the realization of the following objectives:
- Implementation and maintenance of a quality management system based on ISO 9001 : 2008 International Standard
- Enhancing our leadership for the design and supply of Quality equipment and services
- Improving our competitiveness by continuously reviewing our processes
- Aiming to achieve 100% compliance with our procedures and standards
- Total commitment to achieving customer satisfaction
- Provision of appropriate training to employees and continuously improving our standards
- Development of co-operation within the Company
- Motivation of all employees
- Continual improvement of the quality management system and reduction of customer complaints
Our Goal: Customer Satisfaction – Meeting Your Expectations.
Health and Safety Policy
We believe that responsible management of health and safety concerns is an integral part of its business ethic.
Through strategic management of health and safety, commitment to our mission, vision and values, and by a culture of health and safety awareness and responsibility, we strive to:
- Apply sound health and safety management principles and operating practices.
- Protect health and promote safety of personnel, subcontractor’s, customers and visitors.
- Be alert to customer needs, technological advancements, and socio-economic priorities.
- Lessen the hazards and potential hazards in our business.
- Minimise any detrimental impact our business might have on society.
OUR POLICY IN THIS REGARD IS THEREFORE TO:
- Ensure continued compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (Act 85 of 1993) and the requirements of OHSAS 18001.
- Put measures in place to prevent; control and investigate incidents, including work place injuries and ill health incidents.
- Identify hazards present in the workplace and assess the risk to employee health and safety ensuring that controls are implemented and communicated to employees.
- Ensure that continual improvement, the setting of objectives and targets and monthly reporting will be used to contribute to, monitor and measure business performance.
- Liaise with all relevant statutory authorities and customers as appropriate in an effort to protect the workforce and stakeholders
- Ensure that our sub-contractors comply with health and safety requirements during their tenure with us.
TO ACHIEVE THESE OBJECTIVES, WE UNDERTAKE TO:
- Motivate, educate and train employees to assume personal ownership of health and safety issues, and in this way to accept the implications of their actions on health and safety.
- Endeavour to keep the public informed about our operations through timeous communication.
- Focus on the application of appropriate health and safety standards, including fire protection, good operating practices and sound management principles, to ensure that all possible measures are taken to minimize losses and avoid incidents.
- Promote health and safety awareness among sub-contractors and to reinforce responsible behaviour and practices that should be followed when performing work for us.
- Enlist the commitment of all staff to comply with the Act and Regulations and to manage and counter the hazards of our business.
- Make sub-contractors aware of their obligations regarding education and training in health and safety matters, supporting their efforts where appropriate.
- Co-operate actively with professional bodies in formulating health and safety standards, with the intent of making these realistic while achieving a fair balance between health and safety priorities and economic realities.